Presentation Title: Growing Together: Helping Your Client Families Grow their Wealth for the Long Term Speech
Themes: family wealth planning, estate planning, wealth continuity, purposeful planning, strategy, business succession, wealth succession, abundance, managing change, decision making, holistic wealth management
Time: 1 hour including questions
Topic: Growing Together: Helping Your Client Families Grow their Wealth for the Long Term Speech
“A thought-provoking, original classic that will surely change lives and the very meaning of wealth itself.” —Tom Deans, Ph.D., Author of Every Family’s Business and Willing Wisdom
Your clients spend a lifetime accumulating assets and building wealth, not only to make a good life for themselves, but also to create a legacy for their family. So why is the estate planning process often unsatisfying and inadequate to the task? The traditional approach to succession planning is transactional—a one-time event to document how financial assets should be distributed to beneficiaries after death. And the focus is usually on the technical aspects, such as tax planning or trusts.
To clients and advisors alike, the process can feel less than satisfactory, to some even hollow and frustrating. The Naked Opus reveals a novel approach to estate planning—a more fulfilling, holistic and purposeful way to pass family wealth on to heirs, and to ensure it endures for generations to come:
• Transforms estate planning from a technical moment designed simply to transition assets, into a creative process that fosters stewardship and continues to generate wealth for future generations.
• Outlines a four-step SMRT planning process—a strategic, multidisciplinary approach that’s focused on the family’s core values and goals—to reveal what is most important, and uniquely the clients to pass on and protect.
• Explains that family wealth goes far beyond financial assets and shows how to create an Abundant Estate to avoid the entropy that erodes wealth over the long term.
• Offers a framework to handle complex family dynamics and challenging interpersonal situations.
• Presents a new model for sustainable succession planning in an entertaining way; learn about the Abundant Estate while reading the engaging story of Rick Gilmour and his clients and colleagues.
• Reveals in a fun and engaging narrative form, from an advisor’s viewpoint, how a client relationship can evolve from shallow, transactional and precarious to a more deeply fulfilling and sustainable intergenerational relationship.
With The Naked Opus as your guide, advisors can peel back the layers of any client family situation, discover the purpose behind their planning, safeguard the fruits of their life’s work, and help them write their own powerful, authentic family story—a legacy that will last for generations to come.
At this session you will learn:
• The five reasons family wealth does not survive the long term;
• The true sources of family wealth and how to grow and sustain it for the long term;
• The five step Abundant Estate Model of strategic intergenerational wealth planning;
• How to transform will planning from mundane information collection to a powerful engagement model to build your relationship and opportunities with every generation of your client’s family;
• How to become a trusted advisor at the core of a multidisciplinary, collaborative professional team;
• How to add real, sustaining value and service differentiation in a competitive financial services and wealth planning landscape;
- Financial advisors;
- Investment advisors;
- Investment Counsellors;
- Private bankers;
- Insurance professionals;
- Certified financial planners;
- Private and community foundations;
- Single and multi-family office advisors;
- Estate Planning Lawyers;
- Family Business Advisors;
- Family Enterprise Advisors;
- Business Succession Professionals;
- Coaches and advisors to business families and families of wealth;
And any other advisor looking to deepen the enjoyment of their work with their clients and enhance the authenticity and durability of their client’s intergenerational wealth planning for their family and loved ones.
For more information: Visit www.nakedopus.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book speaking events and obtain event pricing. Individual copies of the Naked Opus will be available in Chapters and other fine bookstores, and online at amazon.ca, in August 2018.